Wednesday, May 14, 2008

HAYDUKE LIVES! two-for-one lackadaise-o-rama

Hi everyone;

I am a slacker.

The fact of the matter is, I spend all day long at a computer, and when the work day is done, the last thing I want to do is sit back down and tickle the keyboard for a while. The result is that you guys don't get as regular blog postings as you may like, and I get to go outside and enjoy myself a bit more. It's almost a win-win, except I guess I'm mostly the one who's winning.

I will add photos of my trip to the desert and back home to NB at some point - just not today...

set list for May 1, 2008

sans ohmm - off the international radar*
the state - destroyer*
river niger - sly dunbar*
world peace riot - chango family
groovy spirit - jackie mittoo
robot dub jam - guerilla funk monster
double on back - kid creole & the coconuts*
sure shot - one step beyond
when all the shy folk finally get it on - bourbon tabernacle choir
the city - dragon fli empire
grand scale - dl incognito*
saint john river - hot toddy
another obscure death in the history of the american indian movement (AIM) - bob wiseman
burn the house down - cour de lane*
without piano - jim bryson
just like a river - old man luedecke*
one day - david myles
do you want to talk all night - john tielli*
from the muskeg - ghostkeeper*
pour la destinee - les breastfeeders

set list for may 8, 2008

rounder - rabnett5*
the bomb - bitter:sweet*
desmond dekker came first - toots & the maytals
this one is about flying - dubblestandart
noah sugar pan - the upsetters
soul glo - akrobatik*
27 - blue scholars*
you will see this dog before you die - the oh sees*
i got mine - the black keys*
broken heartbeats sound like breakbeats - los campesinos*
hot corner - b52's*
they get mexico - the culls*
corona - calexico
half a ghost town - utah phillips & ani difranco
for a few dollars more - hugo montenegro & his orchestra
river theme from pat garrett & billy the kid - bob dylan
two little feet - greg brown
when i was a cowboy - alvin youngblood hart
hot white sun - pray for rain
journey to arnhemland - jamiroquai
keito - ali farka toure
camel rock - chirgilchin
long long nite - mano negra

Okay, I'm outta here. Thanks for listening, and make sure you check out Mark tomorrow. I'm on my way over to meet him so we can record a show intro/theme music - with any luck we'll christen that sucka tomorrow.

Next week (May 22nd), I'll be playing host to my pal Mike Melnick, who's going to tell us all about adventure racing. "What the heck is that?", you ask? Tune in and find out - but for now here's a little teaser:



okay bye!
g

No comments: