Friday, August 15, 2008

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis? Set list for August 14, 2008.

This photo appears in the fast forward article by Adrian Morrow, mentioned below. I wonder if that dude knows where tattoo culture comes from?

Hi everyone;

Thanks for tuning in this week. As it often does, the show gave me a chance to air out some stuff that has been on my mind lately, especially since reading this excellent article in ffwd weekly, by Adrian Morrow, about the burgeoning white supremacy movement here in Calgary. I'm not going to dwell on it much, 'cos by now you probably all know my feeling on the matter - suffice to say that, although I support the efforts of anti-racist groups in our city, I would just as soon devote my energy to building the kind of inclusive, tolerant, diverse, vibrant, respectful, forward-thinking, and forward-moving community that I know is possible here. Make some noise if yer wit' me!

Aside from rantin' and a ravin', I also managed to play a tune or two:

on ne vernyoolsyah ees boyah (he didn't return from the battle) - vladimir visotsky
vsyeh droozhney v radui somknyomsyah (rough translation: what's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?) - canora doukhobor choir
learning - mothers vs. kid loco
heights of paranoia - dubblestandart feat. camel
caged in - michael st. george (coming to reggae fest!)
natural progression - aswad (yup, them too)
rude boy - myself*
ya playin' yaself - jeru tha damaja
protest - buck 65
les autres - abdal malik*
relations humaines - mc solaar
do the dog - the specials
billy jack - curtis mayfield
nazi punks fuck off - dead kennedys
so much more - brett dennan
we ain't got no home - stark raving chandler
slow down - bullfrog
drifter - little bang theory*
i'm so lonesome i could cry - nation beat*
sweet thing - drew brown*
livid in a madman's hell - money mark
forest - big blue ball*

Okie doke. I hope you have a great weekend. Maybe I'll see you down at the reggae festival? I'll be in the cjsw booth in the late afternoon/early evening. There's all kinds of cool stuff happening this weekend, including an art show in a basement and a free concert at olympic plaza, brought to you by the mighty cjs-lovin'-you!

peace,
love,
and understanding,
greg

No comments: